If the water pressure in your home is too high, it can cause a variety of problems, including:
- Burst Pipes: High water pressure can put excessive stress on pipes, causing them to burst and leak.
- Leaks: High water pressure can cause leaks in fittings, valves, and appliances, leading to water damage and increased water bills.
- Damaged Appliances: High water pressure can cause damage to appliances that use water, such as washing machines, dishwashers, and hot water heaters.
- Noisy Pipes: High water pressure can cause pipes to vibrate, leading to annoying noises. If you have noisy pipes, it can be caused by a variety of problems. Check out 5 Common Noises Your Pipes Make, The Reasons, and Ways to Fix the Noise
- Reduced Water Flow: High water pressure can reduce the flow of water to fixtures and appliances, making it difficult to get enough water for everyday needs.
- Wasteful Water Use: High water pressure can cause water to be used more quickly and wastefully.
It’s important to have your water pressure and pressure reducing valve checked by a licensed plumber and to take steps to regulate it if it’s too high. Contact Trinity Plumbing to check your water pressure.